Fun for all the family in Rennes
Rennes is a remarkable city with many different aspects: a student city, a port of access to the Breton region, a cultural city... Let yourself and the whole family be surprised by one of these activities:
- Stroll down Rue Saint-Georges: admire the beautiful half-timbered facades, choose from the many restaurants and bars and feel the buzz.
- Visit the bookshop M'Enfin. Do you like comic strips? Then this is the place-to-be for you!
- Take a slam poetry tour of the city. Great for keeping the kids fascinated during a city tour! Elvi Slam Poetry offers guided tours of the historic centre, the Musée des Beaux-Arts, and the Théâtre National de Bretagne.
This place offers delicious food, a warm welcome, and a pleasant atmosphere. That's all you need for a bit of happiness, wouldn't you agree?
Rue Saint-Melaine 3, 35000 Rennes
Brittany is the home of the famous galettes. Make sure to stop by a crêperie when you visit Rennes. We recommend La Gavotte!
Rue Saint-Georges 41, 35000 Rennes
Tours and the Loire Valley
The beautiful city of Tours, whose historic city centre looks as if it has emerged straight from the Middle Ages, is a go-to stop on the route to the famous châteaux of the Loire Valley. Make a stop on the banks of the Loire and soak up the Tourangeau art of living.
- After wandering through the narrow streets of "old" Tours, stop off at the Place Plumereau for a drink, a bite, or to admire the emblematic façades of the buildings that surround it
- Board a small boat and sail on the Loire. Rediscover the city's natural and cultural landscapes refreshingly!
- Discover the rich history of the castles in the region: Villandry, Chenonceau, du Rivau, Chambord...
Go to the Halles square on a market day (Wednesday and Saturday) and enjoy some mouth-watering food.
Place des Halles, 37000 Tours
L'Idée Hall is a little gem located near the old town of Tours. The chef brilliantly combines bistro cuisine and gastronomy for a refined and tidy bistronomic mix.
47 rue de la victoire, 37000 Tours
Looking for adventure in Poitiers
Do you like to put on your walking shoes during your stay abroad? Then Poitiers is a great destination! Known as the "city of 100 towers", you can't miss a visit to its churches.
- Pack your backpack and tighten the laces of your hiking boots. The GR655 will take you to Lusignan.
- From the old town, you can easily reach the Parc de Blossac. This beautiful piece of landscaped greenery consists of several sections.
- The Futuroscope theme park should not be missing from your list either! Enjoy a unique cinematic experience thanks to the IMAX screen, or take a trip on one of the futuristic attractions.
This little corner of paradise is a quiet place to enjoy a cup of tea with a piece of cake or a good lunch.
Rue Gambetta 32, 86000 Poitiers
Dine and sleep in a unique decor! The Mercure Hotel is located in a former 19th-century church. A unique experience awaits you!
Rue Edouard Grimaux 14, 86000 Poitiers
A gastronomic weekend in Bordeaux
Are you looking for the perfect destination for a gastronomic weekend? Then go to Bordeaux! Enjoy the local specialities with a good glass of wine. Are you already hungry?
- If you're travelling to Bordeaux, you should at least take part in a wine tasting. Brothers Pierre and Geoffroy welcome you to their wine cellar Le Pied à Terre in the heart of Bordeaux. They offer unique workshops and classic tastings.
- See the Pont de Pierre from a different angle. Go up to the Porte Cailhou and enjoy the beautiful views over the city. There is an exhibition on the building materials used in the construction of the city.
- Stop at the Capucins covered market or the Quai des Chartrons market and taste fresh oysters. Another culinary tip: stop by the Maison Seguin shops and try the traditional "puits d'amour".
Hungry? A little drink?
Laura and Mamadou, the owners of this café, swear by brunch and unique flavours. Since 2020, cocktails are also available!
Cours du Chapeau-Rouge 16, 33000 Bordeaux
Here, you will find 100% vegetarian and homemade dishes which are a pleasure for the eyes and the stomach. (3 minutes walk from the Porte Cailhou)
Rue Sainte-Colombe 22, 33000 Bordeaux
Sun, see, surf in Biarritz
Biarritz is undoubtedly the most famous seaside resort on the Basque coast, where the waves of the Atlantic Ocean crash. Surfing culture is omnipresent here, and its 3 star surfing city label makes it the surfing capital of France and Europe. •
- In Biarritz, you will surf! Many surf schools and the biggest surf brands are present for lessons, courses, and rentals. If balance is not your strong point, the sup or stand-up paddle, which consists of paddling upright on a large board, is an excellent alternative.
- Did you know that Biarritz has the second oldest golf course in Europe? The mild climate makes it possible to play all year round, and the 16 courses within a 100km radius offer plenty of choices!
- Will you be lucky at the Casino Barrière? In addition to its Art Deco style, the casino offers a panoramic view of the ocean.
Hungry? A little drink?
Manatee is where Julia & Aymeric, epicureans who care about the planet, offer a simple and tasty cuisine. All the dishes are homemade with fresh, seasonal, local, and organic products. Push the door of this restaurant/coffee shop and enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch, or simply a good coffee or tea!
13 rue Gambetta, 64200
Sip your cocktail or quench your thirst with a fresh fruit juice facing the ocean, lulled by the waves. In the evening, enjoy a magnificent sunset that suspends time... for a moment.
10 Boulevard du Prince de Galles, 64200 Biarritz