Buy your Japan Rail Pass
Need some good reasons to visit Japan? Its splendid Geishas, traditional tea ceremonies, a wealth of temples to put you in a Zen frame of mind… and the Japan Rail Pass. From the neon signs of Tokyo to Kyoto’s 2,000 temples, set out with the Japan Rail Pass to discover the fascinating nation of Japan in the most comfortable way you can, in other words by train!
Explore the whole of Japan with the Japan Rail Pass
Want to travel across the land of the rising sun? Then do so in comfort by train with the Japan Rail Pass:
- With this pass, you can make unlimited journeys on all the trains of the Japan Rail Group’s national railway network.
- You can choose between Passes valid for 7, 14 or 21 consecutive days.
- The Pass is available in 1st class (Green) and 2nd class (Ordinary).
- Prices for the Japan Rail Pass start from € 249* (7 days for passengers aged 12 and over).
Comfort class and ticket flexibility
- Green Pass: access to 1st class carriages (Green Cars) and 2nd class carriages (Ordinary Cars).
- Ordinary Pass: access to 2nd class carriages only (Ordinary Cars).
- Can be purchased up to 3 months before your departure date.
- The voucher for the pass is issued about 3 weeks before departure. Once issued, these vouchers are valid for three months.
- You must exchange your voucher for the actual pass at the departure station before starting your journey.
- The surnames and first names of all passengers are required for booking, as passes are issued to named passengers and are not transferable.
- The pass is valid on all trains on the Japan Rail Group’s national network, on Shinkansen (Bullet Train) services and on the majority of express trains.
- The last day of travel ends at midnight.
- Refunds may be obtained before travel begins, subject to a 10% charge (pass is not exchangeable).
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded once you have begun your journey.
Book your Japan Rail Pass via the SNCB Europe Contact Centre for Special Products.
Need more information? Read our brochure in Dutch or French (PDF 14 MB).
* Prices for the Japan Rail Pass are subject to change based on exchange rate fluctuations (Yen to Euro)