The Website uses so-called "cookies", i.e. small files of information which are stored, temporarily or permanently, on your computer or device by the server of a website through the browser and that simplify, complement and customize the use of the Website.
In your browser, you can disable the storage of cookies or remove registered cookies but this may lead to a reduced functionality, slowdown or inability to use certain parts of the Website. For more information on cookies and how you can remove them according to the type of the browser used, SNCB Europe refers to the web site www.allaboutcookies.org.
SNCB Europe uses the following cookies:
1. Strictly necessary cookies are cookies which allow visitors to look at the Website, to use the functions on the Website (such as your shopping basket during an order) and to gain access to the secure and registered parts. If the use of these cookies is disabled, certain parts of the Website may not be able to be used correctly.
2. Performance cookies are cookies designed to collect information on how visitors use the Website, such as information about the pages visited or the number of error messages that have appeared, in order to analyze and optimize the use of the Website.
3. Functional cookies and saving preferences are cookies which allow SNCB Europe to recall the choices (such as the user's name, recent bookings, choice of language and country, font and size of script, etc.), as well as visitor preferences (such as pages visited, etc.), in order to facilitate use of the Website and be able to offer visitors the most relevant and personalised information and advertising.
4. Advertising cookies are cookies placed on the Website by third parties such as affiliated companies and advertisers who are part of the advertising network of the Website and are the only type of cookies that are used for marketing purposes, more specifically in order to present relevant and customized advertisements, to determine and limit the number of times each advertisement is presented, to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, and to remember the visit and to share the collected data with third parties such as advertisers.
SNCB Europe uses the following remarketing cookies:
- Google Remarketing cookies, the aim of which is to show personalised advertising (based on your previous visits to the Website) via Google's Display Advertising network, and from which you may unsubscribe via this ink.
- MyThings retargeting cookies, the aim of which is to show personalised advertising (based on your previous visits to the Website) via the MyThings advertiser network, and from which you may unsubscribe via this page: http://ww2.mythings.com/optout.htm
- Facebook remarketing cookies, the aim of which is to show personalised adverts (based on your previous visits to the Website) on the social networking website, Facebook. You can unsubscribe from any kind of advertising cookie – including Facebook cookies – via the link http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.
Social media networks
The SNCB Europe website is likely to include third-party applications allowing you to share website content with others or to inform others of your visit or opinion on website or app content. This is particularly the case with 'Share' and 'Like' buttons on social media networks such as 'Facebook', 'Twitter', 'LinkedIn', etc. The social media network offering such a button may, where appropriate, place cookies on your browser and use this button to identify you. In the same way, a social media network may place cookies on your browser when visiting the SNCB Europe social media web page.